When We talk of Dwarka Expressway as Real estate Zone We refer to The Sectors of Gurgaon from98 To 115 & Sectors 37C & 37D, These new sectors were added to Gurgaon master plan around 2006 in order to full-fill the Gap of Rapid expansion of the Gurgaon city and create more and more alternate places of development. Hence in Broader terms Sectors between 58-76 were referred as Golf Course Extension road or SPR & Sector 77 to 97 Was referred as New Gurgaon. & Sector 98 to 115 & 37C, 37D was referred as Dwarka Expressway due to its proximity to Proposed Dwarka Expressway.
Let Us talk of Dwarka expressway or NH824B-BB :
In Order to reduce the traffic congestion from ( Delhi- Gurgaon Expressway (NH48) and connect West Delhi to New Sectors of Gurgaon ,Gurgaon from which was as per First master plan ‘Gurgaon master plan 2020’ Which was made in 2006 by Gurgaon Authority . Dwarka Expressway Once completed will be of 210 Meter wide with 30 Meter Green area on both sides and will be the Broadest Expressway of Delhi NCR. It is total 28.5 KM long out of which only 19 KM falls in Gurgaon and Rest in Delhi. Starting From Kherki Daula In Gurgaon and Ending to Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway ((NH48) near Shiv Murti.
Major Connection Points of Dwarka Expressway
In Gurgaon Dwarka Expressway Starts from Kherki dhaula and By passing New Gurgaon Via Sector (83,84,88,88A,88B),. Enter Locality of Dwarka Expressway and crosses via Sector (99A-37D,99-100,102-101,102A-104,103-105,106-110,109-110A, 112 & 113-111). Here after end at sector (111-113)in Gurgaon theater enters Delhi Thereafter.
ANIMATION OF Dwarka Expressway, Released by GOI & NHAI- Must watch
How Dwarka Express will be made: Routes and Alignment (Source wikipedia)
This 29 km long project, 18.9 in Gurugram and 10.1 km in Delhi, is expected to be completed by May 2021. Work on Haryana portion has commenced of Dec 2018. Delhi has provided the land but yet to provide the forests clearance as of December 2018. Route alignment and phases/packages of this expressway being built by NHAI are as follows:
Package 1 – in Delhi: Mahipalpur Shiv Murti cloverleaf interchange to Bijwasan railway station rail under bridge:
This stretch will be 5.3 km long starting from Shiv Murti at NH8 (old numbering, now called NH48) and ending at the approach of the Rail under Bridge near Sector 21, Dwarka. 3.5 km of this will be a deep tunnel running under the runway, which will cost INR 1000 crore.
Status in May 2018 – tendering: Tender will be awarded by December 2018 with target completion date of May 2021.
Package 2 – in Delhi: Bijwasan rail under bridge to Delhi-Haryana Border:
This 4.2 km long stretch will be between Km 5.3 at the Rail under Bridge and Km 9.5 at the Delhi Haryana border on the expressway.
Status in December 2018 – tender awarded: Tender has been awarded.
Package 3 – in Gurugram: Delhi-Haryana Border to approach of rail overbridge in Basai:
This stretch will be 10.2 km long between Km 9.5 to Km 19.5 of the expressway. The road will pass through Sectors 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 109, 110, 111, 112 and 113 in Gurgaon. Since this section has continuous intersection of sector roads, most of the stretch will be constructed as elevated dual carriageway of 4 lanes each. The service roads will run beneath the main carriageway and will be elevated at all major junctions. The crossroads will also be depressed with underpasses at all major junctions. It will cost INR 1,333 crore and tenders have been awarded already.
Status: Construction commenced in December 2018 after the entire land (9- meter wide and 10.2 km long) was handed over to NHAI by the HSVP in December.
Package 4 – in Gurugram: Basai rail overbridge to Kherki Daula Toll Plaza:
This 8.77 km stretch will start from Rail over Bridge at Basai and end at a cloverleaf interchange near Kherki Daula at Km 40 of the NH-48, thus including the route originally planned for the CPR. As per NHAI website, this eight-lane Expressway (NH-248 BB) will be constructed on EPC Mode at a cost of Rs 1047.007 crore. The 8.76 km stretch will be constructed by M/s Larsen and Toubro Ltd. The project consists of an 8-lane elevated structure for main carriageway of Dwarka Expressway, Trumpet Interchange for Manesar Road and Cloverleaf interchange with NH-8-SPR intersection. The completion period of the project is two years (Mid year 2020) with maintenance period of four years. Under the project, a minor bridge will be widened, additional ROBs, five VUP, six Bus Bays with Bus Shelter will be erected and four Junction Improvements will be carried out. Status: Construction commenced in December 2018 after the entire land (9- meter wide and 10.2 km long) was handed over to NHAI by the HSVP in December.
Package 5 – in Delhi: Dwarka Expressway (Mahipalpur Shiv Murti) to IGI Airport T3 Tunnel (also called Delhi Airport Tunnel Expressway):
An east-to-west running new 4-lane shallow 1.5 km tunnel costing INR 350 crore being built from north-to-south as part of Dwarka Expressway to Terminal 3 of Indira Gandhi International Airport. Vasant Kunj, IIT, Munirka and Mehrauli.It will benefit commuters from the Vasant Kunj, IIT Delhi, Munirka and Mehrauli.
Status in Jan 2018 – land sale agreed: AAI agreed to sell the required land to NHAI at market price.In April 2018, NHAi announced they will award the contact in May 2018 which will be completed within 3 years i.e May 2021.
Renowned Builders in Dwarka Expressway
- BPTP LTD
- Emaar India
- Sobha Group
- Experion Developers
- Godrej Properties
- Adani Realty
- Satya Group
- TATA Housings
- Shapoorji Pallonji,
- Conscient infrastructure
- Puri Constructions
- Mahindra Lifespaces
- Paras builtech
- M3M India
- ATS infrastucture Ltd
- Hero Group etc
Popular Villa,FLOOR &Plot Townships on Dwarka Expressway
- Sobha International City, Sector 106-108-109
- BPTP Amstoria, Sector 102
- G99, Sector 99
- Experion westerlies Sector 108 etc
Popular Residential Apartment Projects on Dwarka Expressway
NEW PROJECTS On Dwarka Expressway
- Hero Homes Sector 104, Gurgaon
- Joyville by Shapoorji Pallonji at Sector 102, Gurgaon
- Godrej meridien , Sector 106, Gurgaon
- Sobha City Sector 108, Gurgaon
- ATS Grandstand , Sector 99A, Gurgaon
- KRISUMI WATERWALL RESIDENCY
Ready to Move in or Near Possession Projects
- ATS Tourmaline Sector 109, Gurgaon
- ATS triumph Sector 104, Gurgaon
- ATS Marigold Sector 89A, Gurgaon (U/C Possession by 2020 First phase)
- ATS KACOON ,Sector 109, Gurgaon
- Adani Oyster Grande, Sector 102, Gurgaon
- Paras dews , Sector 106, Gurgaon
- Godrej Summit , Sector 104, Gurgaon
- Conscient Heritage Max , Sector 102, Gurgaon
- Emaar Imperial gardens , Sector 102, Gurgaon
- Emaar Gurgaon Greens, Sector 102, Gurgaon
- Experion The Heartsong, Sector 108, Gurgaon
- M3M Woodshire, Sector 108, Gurgaon
- Experion Windchant, Sector 112, Gurgaon
- Puri Emerald Bay , Sector 104, Gurgaon
- TATA GATEWAY , Sector 113, Gurgaon
- TATA LAVIDA, Sector 103, Gurgaon
RISE AND FALL OF DWARKA EXPRESSWAY REAL ESTATE
Ever Since its announcement in year 2006 Dwarka Expressway became very popular for real estate Investments. The main reason was its proximity to Indira Gandhi international Airport, Proposed Diplomatic Enclave, Dwarka And West Delhi. It was marketed as a better place in future than existing high end localities of Gurgaon by the Builders and even Metro was also announced on it starting from sector 21, Dwarka to NH 8 on New Gurgaon. People either End users as well as investors were ready to buy their Property in this future city which was expected to become a World class by 2012-13. Hence it became the most selling real estate destination in Delhi NCR. Rates increased so tremendously that from 2008- 2014 Rates almost Tripled. Builder left no stone unturned to en-cash this opportunity. There was a Time around when a project was launched by Tata Group and Emaar @ Rates near about Rs 12000/sq ft ( BSP). The project was Oversold and Builder has to revise the Price. So was the Hype their.
Then suddenly started bad days for Dwarka Expressway, Even in 6-7 Years of tenure Dwarka Expressway saw no development on ground due to Lack of Government initiative and many of the patches were entangled in Land Acquisition. At times there was 5 major patches where Landowners took stay from the court to Handover their land. The biggest hurdle was New Palam Vihar .New Palam Vihar was a Unauthorized Colony the Road was Going through Approx 200 houses. Hence in order to make a Dwarka Expressway 200 houses had to be demolished and court was reluctant for such action. Other than Dwarka Expressway Government didn’t try to develop internal sector roads, sewage work OR OTHER KIND OF INFRASTRUCTURE WORK etc. around 2012-13 all dreams shattered and Dwarka Expressway became the most disappointing place. . Investors soon realized their mistakes. Due to Negative publicity Builders were unable to sell their Existing Projects and even old Buyers stopped paying their installments. So around 2014-16 was the worst time for the builders as well as the Investors. Everybody was struck badly And Prices start falling.
Dwarka Expressway – Real Estate Demand Rises From 2018
In around 2018 Status quo was broken and Dwarka Expressway started seeing some Buzz. Some of the reasons were
- Internal sector road saw a huge turnaround. Work which started with Change of regime in Haryana in end of 2014 , started to show results.
- Major Roadblocks on Dwarka Expressway was removed and New Rail bridge was completed.
- Connectivity with Old Gurgaon and Udyog Vihar was improved.
- Opening of Hero Honda chowk and Broadening of Sector 10A Road also made Dwarka Expressway Easy reachable from Other parts of Gurgaon.
- By starting of 2018 almost All hurdles were acquired on Dwarka Expressway.
- Major pipelines was laid for sewage and Water supply.
- A alternate road (Also called Raghavpur Road) which was almost parallel to Dwarka Expressway which starts from Jharsa Road near Sector 99 and meets Delhi near Sector 114-115 Became operational.
Some projects which was delivered made investors happy some of them Are Sobha international city( Luxury Villas), Tata Gateway, ATS Tourmaline, Conscient Heritage max, Experion Windchant, M3m woodshire These projects were so beautiful that It gave a Hope to The Buyer again to invest on Dwarka expressway.
FUTURE OF DWARKA EXPRESSWAY- AS MAJOR REAL ESTATE HUB
1)Dwarka expressway is strategically very well placed it enjoys good connectivity to International Airport, Dwarka and West Delhi.
2) People working in Udyog vihar phase 1 to 5, Cyber city , Infocity , Pace city 1 and 2 can easily reach Dwarka expressway with improved connectivity.
3) Many biggest real estate players like Sobha, Emaar, ATS, TATA, Mahindra, Experian, Godrej, Shapoorji Pallonji, Hero , M3M are actively involved on development of world class projects with Cost lesser that Golf course Road and Golf Course Extension Road.
4) Dwarka Expressway connectivity has also improved for New Gurgaon
5) The multi utility Corridor is 160 mtr Road also called Dwarka Link Road connects Dwarka Expressway on Sector 84-88 then bypassing sector 85-88, 86-90, 87-91 on New Gurgaon then connects directly to IT parks of IMT Manesar . There is a small Road block near sector 87 which will be removed soon , Once done Dwarka Expressway will be just few mins Drive away from IMT Manesar.
6) Metro will also run in near Future which will again give a boost to this area.
7) Chanakyapuri Type embassy zone or Diplomatic Enclave is being constructed on Delhi side of Dwarka Expressway, Once completed lots of embassies of High profile nation will shift here. IT will become a place for High Profile diplomates.
8) Lot of Schools and Hospital chains have already purchased Lands on Dwarka Expressway. Some good schools have already started and some are under construction. This will give a major boost to Social Infrastructure.
8) More than 25 Commercials will be delivered in near Future by 2020-21 , This will make offices , Restaurants, food court, Multiplex, shops, Entertainment zone available for residents in Their locality.
9) Dwarka Expressway will not only have to depend on other areas for commercial activity, It will create its own ecosystem as Govt has allotted institutional lands like school, hospitals, IT/ITES, Highstreet markets on Each sector , This makes perfect blend of residential and commercials development parallely.
10) Dwarka Expressway once made will be world class, with complete signal free Road and beautified with 24mtr greenery on each size. It will be broader then NH8. It will be walled from both sides so that no cattle or man can trespass. Once it is all done it will become more prominent then NH8 or Golf Course road .
11) Dwarka Expressway will enjoy a seemless connectivity To SPR ( Southern peripheral road, Govt is making Dhaula-kuan Type cloverleaf to connect SPR to DXP (CPR)
11) Some Builders are even coming up with Luxury projects , Penthouse and Villas seeking the demand coming from Pilots, or HNI customers from Delhi. So in future It can also become hub to Luxury Houses.
Once Fully Operational Dwarka Expressway will connect to NH 8 Near shiv murti from Their it can connect further to Posh areas of Delhi Like Vasant Kunj, Vasant Vihar and South Delhi
SOME PICS SHOWING THE RECENT CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY OF DWARKA EXPRESSWAY