The Haryana cabinet newly permitted the development of 5 new modern cities over 50,000 hectares along both sides of Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway. This is under nodal assistance of Panchgram Development Authority. KMP, also called Western Peripheral Expressway will profit some cities including Manesar, Sonipat, and Faridabad. This is to improve their real estate market.
The road would cover five cities which are Sonipat, Jhajjar, Gurugram, Mewat, and Palwal. With the opening of the highway, traffic jamming would decrease in northern Haryana and national capital district. Since the KMP Expressway is completely operational, vehicles going from North India toward the Western and Southern parts will have a smooth drive without going into Delhi.
This new Expressway intends to reduce the heavy vehicle traffic in Delhi. KMP Expressway will decrease the heavy traffic by occupying around 50,000 commercial vehicles.
KMP is Operational Now and its Connectivity with other Areas.
· The entire cost of the expressway is Rs 9,000 crore.
· The 136-km-long KMP Expressway is now fully operational, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated its 83-km-long Kundli-Manesar route on November 10th. The wait is finally over after running over nine years behind schedule.
· The 53-km-long Manesar-Palwal highway of the KMP e-way is now open to the public.
· Forming a roundabout around the National Capital Region (NCR), the Western Peripheral Expressway which links between Kundli, Manesar, and Palwal together with the Eastern Peripheral Expressway connecting Kundli, Ghaziabad and Palwal were conceived to guarantee that non-destined commercial vehicles not to enter the city as per restrictions of Delhi.
· The Eastern Peripheral Expressway is also open now.
· The KMP Expressway will bypass traffic coming from north of Delhi on NH-44 and going to the south of Delhi on NH-19 and to the west along NH-48. It provides no heavy road traffic directed towards Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Punjab, and Jammu and Kashmir.
· KMP Expressway has been established in more than 2,846 acres of land. The land securing cost was approx. INR 2,788 crore. The new highway will cover 5 locales of Gurugram, Haryana Sonepat, Palwal, Mewat, and Jhajjar. The total length of KMP Expressway and Eastern Peripheral Expressway is around 270 Kilometers.
The Benefits of KMP
Effective against Traffic jam
With an extensive number of vehicles off Delhi streets, it will make a more comfy journey for the general population of the city. This will also cut down the number of traffic criminals, mishaps and fatalities. The KMP Expressway will likewise give a major lift to the economy of the adjoining locales.
KMP Expressway Features
The KMP Expressway has eight little bridges, six bridges alongside 34 underpasses and 64 pedestrian overpass. Likewise, the six-lane expressway will have various refreshment centers, parking areas, police stations, and fuel station
KMP Expressway Speed Limit
The KMP Expressway speed limit is 120 kmph for light vehicles and 100 kmph for substantial and commercial vehicles. Therefore, the correct toll rates for different vehicles are yet to be uncovered however it will be about 1.25 times costlier than regular national expressways.
- Mobile : 8448388048